Monday 28 January 2013

It's Rudolph Season

While I have missed  January Rudolph Day itself, luckily there are still a couple of days till the end of the month, so I'll get this one in under the wire!!! Couldn't forget you Sarn!

Now I did warn you all that I was trying to get rid of smallish snippets by blitzing a few similar cards all at once. I won't post duplicates on my blog but variations with the same paper are fair game for posting!

Here is my submission for January's Rudolph Day...It is fairly similar to yesterdays card but has some differences. I coloured and stickled a few of the wreath images when I was crafting at my neighbour's. (I think the twiggy vine it reminds me of is called Virginia Creeper.)

Since I am trying to use my stash this year, I decided to shop through the diecuts I rolled off before Xmas and use what was already there...after all, we must keep in mind that Miss Di specifically asks for snippets! Luckily I found a snowflake in there as well and used it to tie in the Kraft card base. The colours and papers I found all went together so this is a real snippets card.
I may have got a little carried away with the pearls but what the heck...It is a Christmas card after all!!!

Here's a close up of the stickles shimmer on all the leaves, berries and all the twiggy brances of the wreath. It doesn't show up clearly here as the light has not caught it right...but all the twiggy bits are stickled!



Recipe:
1.  card base - from my stash, Recollections brand kraft corrugated cards and envelopes
2.  DP - MME Winter Wonderland, banners were cut from snippets. I love this 6x6 stack so much that I save every snippet in an envelope!
3.  Bling  - Kaisercraft pearls assorted sizes
4.  Punch  - Martha Stewart snowflake
5.  Die Cut  - Spellbinder pettit circles and pettit scalloped circles
6.  Stamp  - PSX Xmas Twig Wreath

I am submitting this card to the following challenges:

1. Rudolph Days  @ Stamping for Pleasure  Must be Christmas themed
2. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
3. Southern Girls Challenge - Use kraft - My snowflake and card base and envelope are all kraft
4. Speedy TV Christmas Challenge@Marks Finest Papers - Christmas themed card
5. Penny Black And More - Love is in the air - My card is about sending love at Christmas...the wreath is heart shaped and there is a heart over the chimney of the house!

17 comments:

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

If it works don't fix it!! Love your layout and those papers are very scrummy xx

Sarn said...

Hi Maureen

This is a lovely Rudolph Day card, thanks for entering it in my challenge.

I love all the sparkle and pearls and I particularly like the ribbons of paper - makes it a bit rosette like!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Cardarian said...

I am making Christmas cards for 2013 too - one a week and I have stuck to the plan up till now! Really like your card! It is an unusual layout - I seem to be stuck in Christmas rute!
My meniscus is broken and I had artroscopy now the next stop is a new knee but I can't have that till I am 70! I will be 56 this year so a looooog wait!
Lots of hugs,
Cardarian

Di said...

Yup, I love this variation as much as your previous one! Still sighing over that fabulous Xmas Twig Wreath - it's fantastic! Hugs, Di xx

Mary Jo said...

Very pretty card!
And I love all of the pearls!!

Sassy Raggedy said...

I love your card. The designer papers are wonderful and the design is outstanding. joann sassy raggedy

Irene said...

A brilliant card with great use of snippets. The little house and tree are so gorgeous. Love the little heart.
luv
irene
xxxx

Pia S said...

We all need tons of Christmas cards, so why not make more cards with various designs when you find papers and images that you like combining... I can spend hours moving small bits and bobs all over the card - I call that work (of the fun sort), and I guess you put your heart into each one you make:)

Darnell said...

You work magic with your cards, Maureen. Your attention to the tiniest detail is fantastic! I love everything about this one!!

Siv said...

What a great card! :)
Thanks for joining the Southern Girls - Hope we'll see you again!
Siv xx

susiestacey said...

Thank you for joining the 'Love is in the Air' challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

Bonnie said...

What a pretty wreath and I love the snowflakes!

Glenda Atkins said...

oooh love the wreath and the banners below it, also the little heart coming out of the chimney is so sweet. You can never have too many pearls:O)
hugs
Glenda

MaryH said...

Adore all things PSX. This is a lovely image, and you've colored it to perfection. Your layout is grand and all the pearls just look super with the drifting snowflakes. Wonderful use of your snippets. I think we must like the same papers...I noticed you used some more DP that I have too. Ah, so much DP, so little time. TFS

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness your card is so adorable.
It reminds me of the folk art style.

Anonymous said...

hi maureen, the little heart over the chimney is so cute and i love the pearls and your great use of snippets. thank you so much for sharing another lovely creations with us at penny black and more this month.
linda

Eva Marie said...

Lovely christmas card ♥
Thanks for playing at SGC
xx