Friday 8 March 2013

Many thanks

Here is the card I have made for my daughter's workmate who kindly gave me a lovely cross/body purse. After my back surgery,  I was struggling to control my poles for walking while carrying my purse.  He gave the bag to my daughter to take home to me. It is pretty and has many compartments to organize my wallet, makeup, etc.

I hope he will like the colourful aspect to it. It is a little bolder than my usual style and I feel like I am going out on a bit of a limb here...but hopefully he will like it.

The large shimmery fuschia swirl is the front flap of a bridal invitation. Michael's was clearing a box of 25 for 30 cents at that infamous clearance sale. Not only do you get the shimmery flourish, you also get a  5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch fuschia shimmer page which the flourish is attached to. A wee bit of careful cutting apart, a bit of trimming with my cutter, and voila... a single sheet and a flourish x 25. That is just over a penny apiece!

I picked up a box so expect to see more cards made with this bright colour. When I saw it on the shelf, I thought it might work for Dora cards for little girls if it was combined with hot orange and purple. Or perhaps it might work for Disney princess or even Barbie cards!

While I was putting it away, I suddenly remembered this Tinseltown Glitter Ice flower which I have had for several years.A snippet of black damask paper, a snippet of black polka dot DP, a few little rhinestone blingy flowers, a couple of blingy butterflies and a string of black diamond bling and Alakazam (as little Mr P would say) it was done.

Recipe
Card base - from my stash, Recollections textured 5 inch textured white card & envelopes, originally from Michaels
DP - from my snippets stash bin (originally MME)
Fuschia shimmer paper - from my sash, originally from Michaels clearance bridal invitations section
Flower - from my stash, originally  a Tinsel Town Glitter Ice flower from my LSS
Bling - bling teensy flowers, from my stash (originally from the dollar store)
Bling - bling teensy butterflies from my stash (originally from the dollar store)
Bling - Black bling on a roll, Recollections brand; Michaels clearance...last little snippets of this roll
Sentiment - My Minds Eye, Fiddlesticks Story stickers

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - Must use snippets. The two DP pieces are both snippets.

I have set this post to auto release while I am up visiting with my Mum. I have limited access to internet there, so may not get a chance to answer your comments until my return home on Sunday...I will drop round to catch up on visiting you then!

19 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Maureen hope you've had a great time at you Mums and hope all your birthday cards are waiting for you!!! huggles hun Sue J xxxx

Di said...

Fabulous Maureen! I love the colours and such a gorgeous design. Hope you have a great visit with your Mum - we'll keep some chewy fruit pastilles here for your return :))

Hugs. Di xx

Hettie said...

What a pretty card you have created there Mo. I like the shot of pink with the black spots. I do have a penchant for spots too!
Hope you are having a good time.
xx

Tracy said...

Very pretty card :)
So sweet of him to think of you like that.
I have one of those beautiful flowers I have yet to use ;)

Darnell said...

Great thank you card using up your snippets, Maureen! Your daughter's mate will love it and how sweet of that kind person to get you a purse you can handle with your poles!

Happy Mothering Sunday and have a lovely visit with your Mum!

Shelby said...

What a wonderfully sweet and colorful card. Love all of the different and gorgeous elements you've used.

Shelby

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Gorgeous thank you card Maureen! Love that flower and another bargain too! Have a nice visit with your mum, Susan x

Sassy Raggedy said...

I think the colors are perfect. I love the brightness to the card and that flower is awesome. I need to get out and spend a day shopping...joann sassy raggedy

Pia S said...

What a beautiful thank you card! I like the black and pink color combination, and love the sparkly look of the flower!

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous, I like the colours the swirl and the flower.
Kevin xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful bright card full of bling, love the fuchsia swirl and the large shiny flower! Fab thank you card!
hugs
Glenda

Jules said...

Hi Maureen

What a beautiful thank you card.

Very striking and such a lovely colour combo.

Great use of your snippets.

I hope you have had a lovely weekend.

Love Jules xx

Robin said...

Hi Maureen!

I love those colors! They just pop right off the card. Polka dots and bling! What a wonderful mix! The Fushia just sets this card off!

Hugs, Robin

Robin said...

Hi Maureen!

I love those colors! They just pop right off the card. Polka dots and bling! What a wonderful mix! The Fushia just sets this card off!

Hugs, Robin

Mary Jo said...

Very pretty card for such a kind gesture!
Enjoy your visit with your mom!

Debs Willis said...

You got a great bargain at Michaels! and what a lovely card - would never have thought to mix fuchsia and ice blue, but works brilliantly!

Hugs

debs x

MaryH said...

This is just lovely. That fuschia trim against your b&w paper...really a WOW factor. Your shimmery flower is so pretty with the combo. I loved reading about your bargains. Such a deal. Can't wait to see all the other goodies you will use these on. Hope you & your Mom had a wonderful visit. You're so lucky to still have her. Cherish her every opportunity you have! Also best to Mr. P-Alakazam as well. TFS

MaryH said...

Hi Maureen, I'll try again to comment. Mr. Blogger is not liking me at ALL today! I really liked your fuschia trim, and combined with the B&W paper, it really created a WOW factor. Your flower just added more fuel to the mix. I enjoyed reading about your bargains. Love a good deal, and can't wait to see what else you use the 'finds' on. Hope that you had a wonderful visit with your Mom. Also hope that Mr P-Alakazam is doing well too. TFS

Daniella said...

That was so nice of him to think of you! I hope you are doing better now! Of course he will like it! You made it special for him!!
I love when you get awesome deals like that!!!
xxDaniella