Saturday 12 April 2014

Christmas Card Club - Christmas light, Challenge #8 - Card 2

It was Asha's turn to chose the theme for our Christmas Card Club. Her blog is Sunny Summer Crafts if you would like to pop over and take a look at her wonderful cards.

This was a great theme as there are so many different ways to interpret it. I chose to use my Memory Box Village Lamp Post die as I don't think I have ever used it before (NBUS).  This year, I am trying to make a conscious effort to use my NBUS supplies rather than hoard them!

My back and hip are very sore at the moment and working at the craft table is quite painful. I kept this card quite simple, to shorten the time leaning over it. Expect to see me visiting all over blogland as I have been spending quite a bit of time sitting with  my ice pack or heating pad! I had this same problem earlier this year and just got this under control 2 or 3 weeks ago. Today, I felt a slight pop as I was picking up some leaves...forcing me to limped into the house to find the icepack.

Luckily, I have several cards ahead so will schedule posts for the next short while. Enough wallowing...on with the card and the recipe...

And the inside...























****************This is card #2 of 50. I am on a consumables spending freeze until I have made 50 cards (Sook Wang tape and heavy weight card stock are exempt).***************

Recipe
Card and base - 5 1/2 inches square from my stash
DP - WRMK Yuletide
Cardstock - a very teensy snippet of green card was used for the corner dies and a snippet of white for the sentiment banner
Dies - Spellbinders Labels 26 for the image mat; MB Village Lamp Post; Quickuts corner die
I think the banner is either Impression Obsession or???? To sore to walk downstairs again to check...
Punch - Martha Stewart snowflake
Image - Sassy Cheryl topper
Sentiment - Merry Christmas is a rub on; Inside verse is Stampers Anonymous, Old Fashioned Christmas
Ink - Momento black ink; Ingvild Bolme red chalk ink

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1. Christmas Card club - must be Christmas Light
2. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra - must be Christmas but Anything Goes
3. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
4. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - must cover card front with paper
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - must be square
6. MFP Speedy TV Christmas Card Club - must be Christmas
7. Two Peas in a Bucket  April Mood Board

40 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Great composition and lovely colours and patterns xx

Greta said...

Oh so cute--great card! So sorry about your pain. My hubby is spending a lot of time with the heating pad against his back after reaching too much with his weeding--makes him so frustrated.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Mo, I like the design the fun snowman and that lamp post.
Kevin xx

Christine Harrop said...

This is great Maureen. Love your snowman and lamp post. It reminds me that I have a lamp post stamp that has been "buried" somewhere for at least 10 years. Never quite knew what to do with it. Now I do!!! Hope you feel better soon. Hugs Christine xx

Peanut said...

Oh Maureen... so sorry about your back. You really should take it easy, my friend. This card doesn't look at all like a quickie. So many wonderful details and the snowman looks exceedingly merry! Thank you so much to making this lovely card . Now you go rest, you hear?!
Sending hugs, Asha

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Fabulous Christmas card.
Cute image and I love that lamp post.
Ouch! Hope you're feeling better today.
Caroline xxx

Hazel said...

Such a lovely card for Asha's CCC challenge - love that image and the lamp post is just right. Thanks for adding this for all of my Craftyhazelnut challenges - hope to see you there again soon. x

Zoe Tant said...

Lovely card Maureen and I love the traditional colours and cute images. the street is perfect for our challenge. Zx

Dragon said...

Cute card, the snowman and I could share the same tailor!!

Planetsusie said...

Hello there Maureen, I am so sorry that your back has flared up yet again, as you know I can certainly empathise with you and am willing your back better - very quickly!!

Love your CCC card - this is so bright and totally cheerful the snowman is a cutie! The street lamp die is wonderful and looks amazing.

Big hugs and get well soon.

Sue Pxxx

Irene said...

An adorable card, and what a jolly snowman. Brilliant design paper and layout. Hope your are pain subides.
Take care
luv
irene
xxxx

dutchess said...

oh poor you Maureen you have my sympathy ...just take care....
lovethe card thats a great lamp post! and a really great crd....hugsxxxx

Karen Petitt said...

Sorry to hear you are in much pain Mo and I hope it eases really soon for you - the hip and base of the spine is a nasty so and so!
A really beautiful card, love the image and the papers you used are perfect Karen x

Gibmiss said...

Hi
Wowee ... Stunning card... Love the Dies and the image....
Hugs Sylvie xx

Sue said...

Well I was sure I commented on here Mo but it seems I haven't!! shame on me and I'm blaming my 'sometimers' LOL but fab card and great for the challenge I love those images they are one of my favourites to colour:) Sorry to hear your in pain :((( I dread that pop when I'm not careful and it always traps nerves that run down my legs and it's so painful so you have all my sympathy. You take care and lots and lots of huggles from us all Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dawn said...

Brilliant card! I love the image & the lamp post is perfect!
Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving some love!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Pia S said...

You put this together beautifully, Maureen! I love traditional Christmas colors and that lamp post die works so well with this design. I've only seen stamp lamp posts around, but I'm die crazy, so I'll consider getting this one!

KandA said...

Love this super fun snowman and fabulous colours. Hope your back gets better soon xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous card Maureen, love the image and the fabby die cut.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Liz said...

Gorgeous! Hugs xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Fabulous idea to use the lamp post Mo. Love the layout of your card and the funny snowman. Hope you hip starts to feel better soon.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

Take care with your bad back. Managing to keep mine at bay by only doing a bit of computering and a little of gardening and lots of resting in between. A gorgeous card and love your die cut lampost. hugs Mrs A. (aka ValeryAnne.)

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the adorable snowman.

Kath x

Elizabeth said...

So sorry to see you are having back/hip pain too Maureen ... hope it eases off soon. Super card and I like you NBUS lamp die - it's lovely. Elizabeth xx

rachel said...

super card Maureen - hope your back feels better soon - there's nothing worse. Take care xx

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous Christmas card Maureen, I love your whimsical snowman image and lovely papers.
I'm sorry to hear that your back and hip are giving you so much pain, I hope you feel better soon.
Pauline
x

Sassy Raggedy said...

Oh Mo so sorry to hear you will be laid up for awhile. I love this wonderful card. That Sassy Cheryl image is delightful. One of my favs. I wish I could be like you about not buying anything until I have made 50 cards. lol I do good to get 2 made a week. lol Hugs, joann

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Ooh... a shopping moratorium! Good luck with that a kudos to you for giving it a whirl. I'm sorry to hear about your hip and back. As a fellow hip and back sufferer I feel for you a lot! It is often the smallest of things that sets it off. Your card is gorgeous though. I love the lamppost die you used. It is perfect for holiday cards!

Rita said...

Fabulous card Maureen. I love it. Hugs from Scotland. Rita xxx

MaryH said...

Aw, bummer on the hip thing again. I hope the ice pack will bring quick & lasting relief. I expect you must just stay inside & make cards and let Mr. DH handle all else (LOL). Love your Snowy being lighted by the pretty MB Victorian light post. What a delicious Christmas card and sure to bring a smile to whomever gets this pretty one. Feel better real soon. Hugs & TFS

Rita said...

Beautiful card Maureen. Hugs Rita xxx

Hettie said...

Gorgeous card Mo. Love that lampost die.
Sorry to hear you are having painful trouble again. Sending you a hug or two.
Hugs
xx

Sally H said...

A wonderful Christmas card, Mo! Great use of the snippets. Sorry to hear you are in pain at the moment. I can totally sympathise(although mine was self inflicted at a self defence class - don't ask - I need protecting from myself!!!)

Mary Jo said...

Such a cute card.
Love the little lamp post!

Di said...

Oooh Mo, what lovely snippets card. Great layout and the lamp post die is fabulous!

So sorry to hear about your back and hip :( It's such a drag when it hampers crafting (although I suspect a lot of my problems are actually caused by spending too much time at the desk - sigh).

Take care honey!

Hugs, Di xx

Sarn said...

GORGEOUS! really lovely snowman card xxx

Anne said...

Thank you for popping in to April CHNC Challenge Extra to share your card with us. Hope to see you back again soon. Hugs, Anne (April Guest Designer)

Glenda Atkins said...

Darn, sorry to hear your hip is giving you problems, hope it feeling better by now! Fabulous Christmas card, loving the 'street lamp' die cut!
hugs
Glenda

Tracy said...

Great card, I really like the lamp post die cut

Carol said...

Sorry I'm so late with my commenting! This is so cute Maureen, gorgeous papers and design. Hope you're feeling better now. Carol x