Monday 6 July 2015

Glimmery Washi - My new obsession

I am becoming obsessed with my dollar store glimmery washi tape. It gives a perfect touch of sparkle...really shimmery yet not bright and tawdry. Thank goodness I bought three colours, pink, blue and black. I know washi is sort of been there, done that, for some. But I never got into it before. You can expect to see lots of glimmery washi tape on my posts to come!

I was sorting out my snippets today and noticed this Heidi Grace Dreams DP. The random blue butterflies on it caught my eye. I knew I had a blue 3D butterfly with me and a quick perusal of my card at hand found this shimmery pearl blue card for the mat.


All that looking to find something to go with more of my blue washi...lol

First, I got the glimmer washi on the corners of the DP, and then matted and mounted that onto  my card base. Thank goodness there are a few pale pink teensy butterflies on this DP to tie in the pink on the ballerina's tutu. I was able to use one of the Ballerina Kiddo images Little Miss C and I coloured last year. There is a generous amount of Stardust Stickles on her wings and on her tutu! Hope you can see it...

.I didn't have any complementary die cut circles on hand up here, so used a pink doily instead. Two doilies to be precise...I find two always makes the colour crisper.

Tied the blue back in with the blue butterfly and called it done! If you look really closely, there is a wee diamond on the center of the fairy wand. That Gem will let me pop by Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge as the theme is Butterflies and G for Gems.



I am trying to make some simpler cards lately. Cards to fill up the finished card box.  This one will most likely by used for a birthday, but could be pressed into service for other occasions, so I have not added a sentiment yet.

I am entering this card into the following challenges.
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
2. The Butterfly Challenge. - #34 Butterflies and G is for gems

23 comments:

brenda said...

Dare I say I've never tried using Washi Tape Mo, one of those things I never quite got round to buying.

But can see why you like this shimmery one as it really lifts the card and everything coordinates beautifully.

B x

Di said...

Oh Mo - this really is adorable! Isn't she such a cutie pie? And glimmery washi tape? Who knew such a thing existed, I didn't - it looks lovely!

Hugs

Di xx

dutchess said...

great way to highlight the card with that glimmers washi tape....meet a fellow addict,love any type of washi....you should see my box. xxxxx

Sarn said...

Very cute Mo. xxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Ah, this is adorable, the glimmer washi is gorgeous. Have wonderful week, sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Brenda said...

Such a cute card Mo! I love that little image of the girl in her tutu, you colored her up so cute! I also love the background paper and your sparkly washi tape. I love washi tape too, I don't use it often but I love it. I haven't as yet bought any at the $ store, but have oooh'd and ahhh'd over it. lol One day I will get me some and hopefully I can find some of that sparkly kind. I'm always late to hop on the band wagon too Mo, so I'm right there with you. lol Hugs, Brenda

Craftychris said...

What a cute image! Love the shimmery tape xxx

jimlynn said...

I've never seen the glimmery washi before - but wow! That stuff really shines! So pretty and love your card too. The little fairy is adorable and love that diamond!
Lynn

cotnob said...

This is such a pretty card, a sweet image and your glimmery washi tape is perfect.
Pauline
x

Christine Harrop said...

I've never used washi tape - I think that is one of those things that passed me by when I wasn't looking. Anyway this is a lovely card Maureen. Hugs Christine xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
I too have never seen glimmery washi tape before, and it looks fab.
Mind you I have never used washi tape either.
Beautiful creation ,and wonderful image too.
That paper is gorgeous.
Love and big hugs form my house to your.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Hettie said...

This is very cute Mo. I am still dabbling in washi tape too, but I have not seen glimmer stuff though!!
Hugs
xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Maureen, lovely little card, sweet image and colours, washi tape looks great, hugs Kate x

Pia S said...

I don't think washis are passé, I've got loads and have had mine for some time, and I always crave for new ones, but I lack ideas on how to use them. But I guess I could use them like I would ribbon, like you did here, but thing is I tend to forget to plan for them before I stick things down... Oh the struggles we face, lol. Your little fairy is so cute and sparkly and the colors and elements are so well coordinated.

Kathleen said...

I have never used wash tape either but think I would make an exception for the glimmery ones like this.
Cute image and a really lovely card.

Kath x

Mrs A. said...

Hi Mo, so pleased to see you fluttering by my # 34 challenge. Not seen shimmery washi tape before but you may just be needing it it abundance shortly!! Love the gem requirement being the sparkly wand. Very ingenious . Hugs Mrs A.

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Mo, I like the sweet fairy image the butterfly, the butterfly paper and the sparkle
Kevin xx

Carol L said...

What a sweet and fun card! I love the glimmer washi and blue butterfly!

Bonnie said...

Love that glimmery Washi tape! A perfect match for the butterfly! Love that little ballerina!

Sassy Raggedy said...

One day I am going to find some of these items at my dollar store...I love the glimmer washi tape but that background paper is adorable as is your wonderful card. Hugs, joann

Jean said...

This is a fun i,age and I love the pretty butterfly paper and the touches of sparkle.
Jean x

Sue - said...

Like the idea of glimmer washi tape - I've not come across it over here. Pretty card.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo Mo, thanks so much for popping over..
And glad scrolled down to check out your cards as just realised my butterfly card should be ok to enter Mrs A's challenge, too as do like to support lovley folks like her and am pretty slack these days.
Lovely work on the washi, great card and a bargain, and I don't go with fashions, there's time for washi and peel offs and those who look down their nose at them are the ones missing out not us :)
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}