Thursday 9 July 2015

Over 40 Celsius? That's smokin' hot...

It has been so smokin' hot up at the lake...so hot I have hardly felt like crafting. I have only wanted to hang out at the pool...floating for hours...just trying to cool off.

But Tuesdays are craft day with my friends, so we all brave the heat and spend the day crafting, and talking, and laughing!  Funny how those days go. I think we enjoy the friendships we share there, as much as the crafting!

Once again, I have been trying to use up some images I coloured years ago and also trying to use up some snippets. This is not the best colouring job...my markers bled outside the lines! Don't look too closely!


Started with a 5 1/2 inch square card and envelope from my stash. Added some snippets of unknown DP.  I am proud to tell you that I remembered to use some washi tape. Glittered washi tape at that! I have decided that I love this particular washi. It is super slim and wraps around the cardstock so nicely, without added extra depth. The shimmer is a high degree of sparkle...and best of all...it came from the dollar store. I wrapped the washi tape round a border snippet of kraft card, to try to tie in the brown colours on the bird.


Die cut the Stamp Happens, Blubird image with a Spellbinders circle die and mounted it on a Spellbinders scallop mat (cut from a larger kraft snippet). The image was coloured with copics and generous amounts of Stardust Stickles were added here and there.


The pink on the flower blossom seemed to be asking me to add more pink to this card, Do you remember the garage sale I mentioned in my last post? Well, there was a lady selling embossed mats 20 for a dollar or 5 cents each!  I picked out a couple of dollars worth...luckily one was the right shade of pink. I matted it with another kraft card snippet and off centered the Blubird image on it..

The embossing spells out Happy Birthday in all different font sizes. Solves the sentiment as well...lol Sorry, don't know the name or make of the EF...

I am entering this card in the following challenges
1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - ust use snippets


14 comments:

Di said...

Love this card Mo! And your colouring is perfect. Great EF too :-)

Hugs

Di xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Maureen, such a sweet image and pretty colours.
Wow! That really is hot, I hope it cools down a bit for you soon - if not I'd stay by that pool!
Pauline
x

Brenda said...

Send some of that smokin' hot to me Mo! lol We have been warm but not hot. I love hanging out by the pool and just floating keeping cool too. But I need hotter weather to do that! I've only been in the pool 3 short times this summer so far. :-( I'm glad that you ladies braved the heat and had a crafty day. It is nice to get together and just enjoy the company and craft away. Your card is adorable! I love that bird image and I love the way you have colored it. Your washi is perfect with the shimmer and sparkle. I love the pink you have added too-in fact I love the whole color combo! That striped paper is fabulous! Hugs, Brenda

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Such a lovely bird and blossom, maybe the bird sits there thinking of cooler weather too :) We're having 17 degrees so that's quite agreeable.

Happy Friday!

Love and hugs
Maarit

KandA said...

What a fabulous use of your snippets and a super image. Hope you manage to cool down and enjoy some crafting xx

Pia S said...

The colors of the papers pick up all the colors of the bird so beautifully!
When you tell people not to look too closely they do the opposite. Well, so did I, and I can assure you I didn't spot a single fault with your image :)

Sassy Raggedy said...

Fantastic card and image....I really love this card and saw no coloring mistakes. Hugs, joann

MaryH said...

Maureen, we've been smokin' hot too! (102F on Friday). I love this little cheeky bird & he just made me smile. I see nothing wrong with your coloring - he's just delightful. Love the layout and how super that you got to use some previously colored images and some snippets. I call that just perfect & your card is great! Stay cool, and TFS. Hugs

April said...

This is so cute! I have always loved this stamp. Love your card!

Carol L said...

Way to use those stamped images and snippets! I'm doing the same thing! I love all the sparkle on the birds and I don't see any coloring outside of the lines, so good job on this!!

Greta said...

Sweet card--love all the sparkle!

LesleyG said...

Cute bluebird, and your colouring looks great to me.....hope it's cooled down for you?! xxx

Zoe Tant said...

Lovely card Mo. Love the sparkle which lifts the whole design of this splendid fellow. Zx

Bonnie said...

Such an adorable, plump little bird! I always color outside the lines. That's why I like loose watercolor!