Sunday 29 May 2016

Christmas Card Club - Christmas Carol


I am finally back to spending a bit of time in my craft room. I've just been posting cards I had on hand but made this card today, especially for the Christmas Card Club theme of Christmas Carol.
My Carol is Oh Little Town of Bethlehem but it could also be We Three Kings! I will leave the choice up to you.

My card was made from snippets so I created my design with my snippets in mind. I already had this oval stamped image so decided to pop it behind some hilly dunes. I cut two American Crafts Heidi Swapp, Marquee Love gold glitter paper hills, simply because my newish Lawn Fawn stitched hills die is fun to use, and I enjoyed cutting it twice!
I then cut two more hills out of kraft card, inked the hilly edges and slid them behind the glittered hills to give the idea of a shadow.


I did not have any musical scores of Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem, so I used a snippet of the musical note Peace Love Joy Kaisercraft Christmas Carol DP that I had on hand. The inky looking sky background is not inked at all but a snippet of Reminisce Frosted Glitter Frost DP 12x12 DP, left over from a scrapbook page.

I added some Stardust stickles to the stamped stars, but I am not very happy with myself... I mucked up the stickled stars a wee bit, as my hand was not steady. Oh well, I keep telling myself that some stars shine brighter than others. I will spare you a close up of the stars as you will shudder! I wish I had used gold pearlescent paint and placed it carefully on each star with a pointy tool. Sigh...

Recipe
Card Base - 5x5 card made by me
Envelope - from my stash
DP - starry sky DP is Reminisce Frosted Glitter Frost; Musical note DP is Kaisercraft Peace Love Joy
Cardstock - snippets of kraft card
Dies - Lawn Fawn stitched borders; Spellbinders Ovals
Stamps - image is Stampendous, Travelling Far and  Sentiment is Hobby Arts, Wise Men
Bling - small rhinestone in center of the North Star and Stardust stickles on the other stars

I am entering this card in the following challenges
1. Christmas Card Club - Christmas Carol
2. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets
3. Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

27 comments:

brenda said...

A beautifully thought out card Mo, from the music throgh to the sand dunes and sentiment all complimenting the lovely image.

Have a good Sunday.

B x

Christine Harrop said...

Well done for making a card that covers two carols Maureen! Nice to see you here again. Your card really does give the feel of the desert. It's great. Hugs Christine xx

MaryH said...

Great minds and all that. I took out this very image thinking about We Three Kings! Then found some paper with the Jingle Bells score on it. I love how you've used this image, and your desert sand hills are perfect. Well designed and thought out. So glad you were able to join in this week..and hope Life is getting a bit easier for you. TFS & hugs.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Maureen, love the stamp and the wonderful stitched hills die.

Sue xx

dutchess said...

Love it MAUREEN....all those layers and dimension and that beautiful stamped image.....your glittering really gives it the Christmas finish....xxxx

mamapez5 said...

A lovely combination of paper and images. I really do like cards that highlight the Nativity story. Kate x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Maureen, fabulous card, I love all the elements to it, it's a lovely scene and the music score in the background is a super idea, just brilliant, Kate x

Carol L said...

This turned out so nice, and I love that snippet of sheet music paper and how you used it in the design! Pretty card! TC!

Donna said...

Very nice. Love the sparkle. You picked one of my favorite Christmas carols. You did a great job just using those snippets. Have a wonderful week!

Barb said...

Wow this looks fantastic Mo. I love the image and the sparkly hills look lovely. A lovely snippets card. Barbxx

Greta said...

Oh wow, Maureen--I absolutely love this card! Brilliant idea to put the oval with the scene behind the glittery mounds & I love the kraft shadow! So glad you were able to do some crafting!

Sandra H said...

Wow fabulous card you have created something really special here with snippets truly is lovely x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A gorgeous design and beautiful Christmas scene Maureen, love the stamped image and glittery hills.
Lorraine

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and all the glitter on those hills. I am still looking for some wise men!

Kath x

rachel said...

brilliant card ....love this - great textures too. Hugs rachel x

Valerija said...

Wonderful card. Love the shiny paper and lovely image.
Valerija xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
I can't believe you got all that gorgeous work into such a small card.
Such a very lovely design, and such brilliant work.
Love and biggest hugs from my house to yours.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cotnob said...

A fabulous car Maureen, a lovely scene and great hilly dunes.
Pauline
x

Linby said...

A lovely card, what a fantastic layout, love those dunes.

Berina RGA said...

Such a beautiful Christmas card!! Lovely dunes!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Craftychris said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love the sand dunes, Sky, image - everything! And your sparkly stars look completely fine to me! xxx

Pat said...

I love your card Maureen with the glittery dunes and the stamp is gorgeous, also the blue dp in the background is perfect. x

Cara said...

I love the glittered sand dunes! Cara x

Unknown said...

This is cool. Reminds me that I need to get started on my Christmas cards.

Gail said...

Howdy! Dropping by to say Thank you so much for entering your art work [ my Christmas message exactly! Lovely Christmas card!] into WAW this week Anything Goes Challenge - where you can upload 5 pieces each week - a total of 10 opportunities to win a prize! Happy Dance - it is a blessing to have you come by and join the challenge - may your day be filled with fun and laughter and leaving you with this message "The Lord is Good - All of the Time" Blessings, Gail WAW DT

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful and serene card maureen! i love the colours and the glitter and you're right - some stars shine brighter. dealing with family members who are not well can be very stressful and time consuming so i really appreciate you taking the time to pop by and comment. i hope your situation is improving nicely and that everyone is on the road to recovery.

Gail said...

This is a beautiful card Maureen - I love those glitter hills - so beautiful! I discovered a challenge here and I am looking where to upload to the challenge Christmas Carol- I sent an email - have a blessed week - blessings