Monday 5 September 2016

Second NBUS Card

Well, I think I am really close to the deadline, but I am y hoping to slide in with a second NBUS card for Darnell's Seventh NBUS Challenge...(Never Before Used Stuff).

My card is a fairly easy one. Once each summer I get together with my neighbour and make cards. We each bring  doubles of 4 or 5 card kits. We finished up early and she let me borrow a couple of her dies to run off some new to me diecuts.

My card today was made with one of those diecuts. I made 5 cards the same but was silly enough to forget to photograph a group shot! I am not sure the name of the manufacturer as she gave me the die from her magnetic sheet storage system. I have a feeling that it may be a Penny Black...


I simply cut and scored a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card. I then ran the precut card  through my big shot with the Thank You die as level as I could guess! I placed a snippet of Momento inky looking card (from Walmart) behind the opening that the die had cut away, gluing it carefully around the edges of the swirls cut into the white card front.

I coloured the Thank You with a back sharpie pen and inlaid it back into the cut out portion of the card front. I went over the Thank You script with some stardust stickles and added a bit on the swirls of Momento inky background.


The butterflies were cut with a Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings thinlet die. They are embossed with different patterns...I love that die! I used a couple of black antennae from a Memory Box butterfly die and then threw a diamond on each butterfly and added quick swish of stardust stickles to each set of wings.

I was lucky enough to have a pink coloured envelope and stamped a couple of couple of random butterflies and a Stampin' Up dragonfly in the bottom corner.There is a butterfly on the back flap of the envelope as well.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Djkardkreations 7th NBUS Challenge. - must use NBUS

12 comments:

Jane said...

Such a pretty card, the inlaid colour really makes the words pop. How lucky to have a crafting neighbour...what fun you must both have! xx

LesleyG said...

What a lovely thing to do with your neighbor, and I love your card, and thanks for sharing the 'how', shows the effort put into it xxx

Liz said...

Lovely card, Maureen. I love how you added the colour within the sentiment. The addition of the stickles is perfect finish touch. xx

Sandra H said...

Wow Mo this is amazing l love the sentiment with its touch of glitter which you coloured beautifully too! xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous thank you card Maureen, I love the inlaid die cut technique and your backing paper is pretty.
Pauline
x

Kathleen said...

Really great thank you card, love the die and the way you have used it and, as they say, better late than never, like me.

Kath x

Darnell said...

You made it! This is such a pretty way to use the die, Maureen! What a lovely setup you have with your neighbor! Thank you for playing in my challenge again!! Hugs, Darnell

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous die Maureen, it makes a wonderful Thank you card.

Sue xx

Pia S said...

I don't think I would've thought of keeping the inlaid parts of this die cut sentiment. Good you did. Looks beatifulwith the added color and shimmer.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Clever idea colouring the inlay, and your card looks so sweet!

Jules said...

Hi Maureen

Loving your card very much .. .. great use of that lovely swirly die. You have showcased it beautifully.

It is actually a die by Impression Obession. I only know because it sits on my "one day I would like" list! LOL!!

I hope all is well with you.

Have a good week.

Love Jules xx

Greta said...

Oh wow--what a beautiful card, Maureen! Love how you backed that neat die cut!