Friday 28 July 2017

A very late entry for the Christmas Card Club - Anything Goes

This card is almost two months late. That is very late indeed. Sylvie at Gibmiss blog hosted The Christmas Card Club theme of Anything Goes, for the fortnight beginning June 11, 2017. Pop over to Sylvie's blog to see her beautiful cards, Gibraltar style! The other ladies in our club are listed in my sidebar and I have hyperlinks with the names to take you straight to their blogs. You will not be disappointed!

I have used two NBUS items on this card. The Woodware Christmas Date stamp is a fairly new NBUS. It was a gift from a very good friend in England.. You know who you are and I hope to get back over to have a day out with you again!


This stamp cried out to be paper pieced. I used my NBUS Tim Holtz Yuletide paper pad for the plaid background and then from that same TH pad, I chose a mossy green dotted paper  for the holly, and a red chevron for the number 25.  I pop dotted these all forward with very thin black foam dots.

I cut a wee snippet of red Bazzill  for the berries...this is proof that it is worth while to save even teensy pieces! I found a snippet of a very roughly textured kraft card for the mat and inked the edges liberally with an Ingvild Bolme black chalk ink and added four red nailheads to the corners.

This was a very fun card to make and I think I will look thru my snippets boxes and chose some other DP colours and patterns so I can make up half a dozen more!!!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets.
2. Christmas Card Club - Anything Goes

29 comments:

Greta said...

Worth the wait, Maureen! Fabulous paper piecing--beautiful card!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Maureen
Stunning card... love it...
hugs Sylvie xx

dutchess said...

Wow that's stunning Maureen....love that stamp and your design and use of papers is inspired....xxx

Aquarius said...

This is a good one for the snippets challenge - reminds me that I have that stamp which I should dig out for this Christmas

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Maureen, some great paper piecing going on here too.

Sue xx

Barb said...

I have this stamp Maureen and only ever used it once. I'm keen to get it out again having seen your beautiful card. I love the paper piecing and it works perfectly on Kraft card with the tartan background. Barbxx

Gail said...

Beautiful card - fabulous job

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
what a very beautiful card, and your design is ace.
Love the stamped and paper pieced 25, and your holly is gorgeous.
Beautiful papers uded also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Maureen, a fabulous stamp and great design - lovely traditional Christmas colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mrs A. said...

I have the Woodware Noel stamp but now I need this stamp too. You are such a naughty girl showing off these enticing products. Having said all that your card is super and certainly uses up those snipety snippets. Hugs Mrs A.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic card design and I love the papers and stamps you used for it.

Cara said...

This is gorgeous and I agree it looks fabulous paper pieced, just wonderful x

Carol L said...

I just LOVE what you've done with this great stamp! I have one and I paper piece mine as well - the stamp does scream to be paper pieced I agree! The papers are awesome!!!! GJ!

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card MO, I love this stamp and I love the way you have used it, great papers too.

Kath x

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Maureen, thought I'd got my dates and themes mixed up when I read the title of this post, thankfully I hadn't.
Well this was well worth the wait for its brilliant. You can't beat a bit of tartan and the central image is gorgeous, all beautifully designed, Kate x

Sarn said...

Great idea to paper piece this lovely Christmas stamp. I must remember this as I have the same stamp, won from Di in the Playground.

Fab card Mo.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

KandA said...

Super card and great use of those snippets. I really must treat myself to that fabulous stamp as it cries out to be paper pieced xx

Claire said...

Great card & the choice of papers to use for the piecing just work a treat together x

Pat said...

This is so pretty using the date stamp and three different papers mix and match beautifully Mo. A great idea to use up all those snippets of dp. x

Darnell said...

Oh, I do love that stamp and you've made it so pretty with your excellent paper piecing, Mo! And, of course, the plaid is divine! Well done using your NBUS!! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Beautiful card, Maureen!! Great mix of papers for this design and great dimension with the popped up pieces. xx

Di said...

Fabulous card Maureen - and that stamp is one of my favourites as well :) Love how you mixed and matched the papers too.

Hugs

Di xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is really classy, Maureen! Great card! Have a wonderful day!

Tina Z. said...

so beautiful, I love the stamp and your design.

Mrs A. said...

Oh dear, I'm so sure I left a comment on this post but can't see it here so will try again. I love Woodware stamps. I have their Noel stamp but now having seen your lovely card I need this one too. Hugs Mrs A.

Craftychris said...

Fabulous card! Love the papers you have used for your brilliant paper piecing and that stamp is cool! xxx

Pia S said...

Love the papers you've used for this card, which feels rustic and Christmas cozy!

Sue - said...

Fabulous card. I have that stamp but have never thought of paper piecing it, one to try I think!

Daria said...

Wonderful card! Great combination of patterned papers! TFS.